Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mental issues associated with Endometriosis

Hello again,
People know that pain is generally associated with endometriosis as well as infertility issues. A huge misconception about endometriosis is that pain and infertility issues are the only issues that result from the condition. Mental health issues are very common in women with endometriosis. It's hard not to have mental issues due to unbalanced hormone levels. Endometriosis is responsible for issues like depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety, and etc... I can always feel when my period is about to start because I feel like the whole world is crumbling down on my life. I am not pleasant to be around, I feel bad because I can't help it and no one understands. It's especially hard when my friends want to go out somewhere but I can't go because I can't even get out of bed because I'm crying my eyes out and don't know why.
Even after my period I am still very sensitive and I always feel anxious like something is going to happen, but nothing ever does. Growing up I was always tired, I just thought that I was just a lazy teenager, but I was doing gymnastics, cheerleading and working out 6 days a week. All I would ever do is sleep and I never knew why, but being depressed due to unbalanced hormone levels makes me very tired and thinking about the pain makes me very stressed out so all I would want to do is to sleep and hope that my condition would go away. I had always felt like no one understood me or that I was going crazy. It's so hard for me to be in a relationship because my hormones make me feel so wishy washy towards my significant other. I am still trying to find something that calms my moods down. I have been trying tension tea, you can buy it at any grocery store it hasn't worked yet but I'm still drinking it. It's pretty good. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to everything you are saying here. It is so nice to realize that I am not going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your comment Jessica. I felt like I was going crazy for a very long time until I could talk to other women with Endo.

      Delete